What a nice tweet to wake up to!!!!
Fellow Blogger Samantha at http://mrsbbooks2011.blogspot.co.uk/ has nominated me for this Award which is a great way to discover new blogs and increase your network of like-minded Book Lovers......
1. Answer the questions set my the person who nominated you and create your own list of questions for the bloggers you choose to nominate.
2. Nominate some other new bloggers and tag them to let them know.
Here are the questions I was asked by Samantha :
Hard to believe, but I have not read " The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ". I bought it years ago but keep pushing it to the end of my to-read list.
2. Which book would you recommend everyone to read at least once in their life?
I would recommend that eveyone should read " The Diving Bell and the Butterfly "by Jean- Dominique Bauby, as it is one of the most moving personal accounts I have ever encountered. Some passages have stuck with me for years and I occasionally re-read it for inspiration. A stunning book......
3. Who is your favourite book character?
The one book character who sticks out, for pure entertainment reasons, is Jimmy Rabbitt Snr. from Roddy Doyle's " The Snapper ". He is one of the funniest and most genuine Fathers I have had the pleasure of knowing.
4. If you could only ever read one more book what would you choose?
My favourite book of all time is " Rebecca " by Daphne Du Maurier and will continue to read on a regular basis for the rest of my life. I find something wonderful on every re-read.
5. How many books do you have on your TBR pile?
At the moment I have 24 books on my TBR pile. Some have been sent from Publishers to review and some were my own purchases. I can't stop buying books !
6. Which book that features travel has made you want to visit that place?
Recently I have read a good few book set In Maine, Usa and all along the coastal areas surrounding it. If someone wants to send me a ticket and offer to look after my four kids, I would go tomorrow!!
7. Where do you love to read?
I am afraid it's terribly boring, but , my bed is my favourite place to read. My youngest daughter joins me each evening and we read in happy silence until my husband comes and kicks her out !
8. Have you ever started a book and not finished it? If so what was it?
A very rare thing to happen to me, as I try to give each Author a fair chance. It can sometimes be more my fault than theirs that I am not enjoying it. After my Brother's death I hit a terrible reading slump and have still not finished those books. Also, I am halfway through " Strumpet City " for the past 4 months as I keep thinking it's more of a Winter book....
9. If you could have any book made into a film what would it be?
I would really love to see Lucy Clarke's " The Sea Sisters " on the big screen. While reading it, I could almost smell the sea and the scent of spices for sale in the marketplace seemed to ooze with colour!
Also a wonderful story which remains one of my favourites of this year so far.
10. Would you ever attempt to write a book?
I honestly thought I would have one well written by now!! I became a Mum at a very young age and time has kind of screeched past me - My youngest is now 10 years old but I am also a Foster Mum so each week brings uncertainty. However, last week I went back to school part-time to study English and History, and am just loving it !
I also had my first Author Event here in Bleach House 2 days ago, when Louise Phillips came to talk to myself and my bookclub friends about her 2 crime thrillers " Red Ribbons " and " The Doll's House ".
She was so gracious and helpful with all of our questions and passed on some amazing tips for budding writers.
Let me just answer this question by saying : Watch This Space !!!
Now My Questions to the bloggers I tagged :
1. Do you ever skim through slow parts of books or do you read every single word?
2. What was the last book you read that made you laugh out loud?
3. Who is the most evil character you have come across in a work of fiction?
4. What is your favourite classics book?
5. Have you a genre you just can't read?
6. What was your first book memory?
7. What is the best book- to- screen movie you have seen?
8. When is the last time you borrowed from a library?
9. Do you prefer to read an actual book or read on an e - reader?
10. Which author would you like to have over for dinner?
My nominations are :
Ink and Paper Hearts.wordpress.com
Chic Lit Bibliomaniac